What is love?
Dhu’l Nun al-Masri was asked about love. He responded,
“It is to:
(1) love that which Allah loves,
(2) to hate that which Allah hates,
(3) to perform all good,
(3) to reject everything that busies you from Allah,
(4) and not to fear any blame for the sake of Allah, while
(5) being gentle with believers, firm with who reject belief, and
(6) to follow the way of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) in all matters of religion.” [Abu Nu`aym, Hilyat al-Awliya’, 9.394]
Got that from here.